Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Jambo folks, how many?

Sometimes, people will ask me if I get tired of saying the same thing over and over while I am working.  And I will be honest, by the end of the day, the last safari can be a little tedious (I did 13 safaris today).  However, when I am working in a position with guest interaction, I rarely get tired of repeating myself, because I know that I am helping them out.  

For example, the other day I was working at the point of the queue where the fastpass line and the standby line merge together.  And I often said things like:
"Jambo folks, welcome to Kilimanjaro Safaris!"
"Please move forward filling in all of the available space"
"Please have your fastpasses out and ready for collection"
And those things I don't tire of saying, even if I do sound like a broken record to myself.  Because I am always working to make a guests day better, and I get to smile at them and see their faces as they enjoy their vacation.  This is one of the reasons that I like working in our front of house/greeter positions so much.  It is all about being positive, and helping people make their day better.  And when they are happy, I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment